Sunday, July 1, 2012

how to make a pincushion | caitlin elizabeth photography | eastern shore photographer

since moving in to the new apartment i have space for an OFFICE.
and BESIDES the canvases of my beautiful clients on the once all-white walls 
and my computer (which is like a child to me. sad, but true)
my FAVORITE thing about the room is my craft table. (it might eventually be the 
old chest i picked up from a local thrift store that i'm going to finagle into a filing system,
but that isn't done yet - so for now, it's the craft table)

here's a look-see into the behind the scenes:

over the weekend i started making curtains for the apartment - will's mama was nice
enough to lend me her sewing machine!!

as i was getting stuff together though, i realized that i didn't have a pincushion!
i guess it got left behind in the move :( 
but it's ok, because i'm going to show you my quick alternative to the traditional pin cushion!!
i made this FOR FREE using things i already had 

 i took a piece of muslin (which i use for my packaging!) and cut it into a square
i pulled it tight around the mouth of the jar
and screwed the mason jar lid on

voila! i put some in the top, but put the rest in the bottom
i'm thinking about maybe using a wide-mouth jar so i can put allllll of my pins on the top
and then filling the jar itself with old buttons! that way it would be a little more decorative :)
what do you think?!


there you have it! an easy, FREE alternative to purchasing a pincushion

:)

2 comments: