Thursday, March 22, 2012

caitlin elizabeth photography | hair cut | scaredy cat

there aren't many things in life i LOATHE as much as getting a haircut. 

it terrifies me. 

every time i go into a salon they say: GURL. WHERE have you been? your hair looks terrible! so many split ends - how long has it been since your last hair cut?! (like clock work - about 35 seconds after i sit in the chair).  and the truth is: i avoid hair salons like they're the plague.

i DESPISE sitting in that little black turn-around chair and putting the fate of my tresses into someone else's hands. mostly because hairdressers never seem to listen.  when i say: 'i only want a little bit cut' or 'my hair is very thin, can you do everything you can to give it more volume?' then i think they should listen! but they never  do.  the last time i got a haircut - i cried.  yes, cried.  i TOLD her i needed volume. (my hair is super thin) and what does she do?! THIN IT OUT. my ponytail was all of 1/2 an inch in diameter.  and i cried.  

BUT TODAY IS THE DAY. it's been OVER a year since i stepped into the local hair cuttery. and as much as it pains me to say it... it is time.  

i'm thinking of a mix between some of the following:

actually, i like almost everything about this first one, the side bangs might be just a tad too long 


and this is just so fun! mostly i think i want to look like her, but THAT ain't gonna happen


and despite the ditzy expression, this is cute!! very summer-y.  but i don't think i could go this short.


i like the long layers here


and lucy hale.  i don't know why i even put this in here. because i KNOW my hair will NEVER look this good (i mean, if i had a team of stylists following me all around... maybe haha)


wish me luck!! GAH! i'm afraid.

2 comments:

  1. This is too funny because I LOVE getting haircuts. I think it's the designer in me, but it's a fresh change, and.... it's just hair! I'm sure you will look awesome when it's all over! And treat yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh good luck!! I hope it turns out amazing!

    M:)

    ReplyDelete