Friday, March 2, 2012

caitlin elizabeth photography | personal | virginia photographer

yesterday i turned 23.

one of my best friends called me all the way from the equator to wish me happy birthday.

i awoke at 6:46 to a 'happy birthday' serenade. 

i received an email that made me tear up with the out-pouring of love it contained.

my 13-year-old sister called me old.

my daddy told me he was proud of me.

and i spent the evening at bible study.

what a wonderfully simple, beautiful way to turn 23.

[these pictures are from our church's annual valentine's day supper - this year, featuring a photo booth and 'minute to win it' competition... these women keep me young, and remind me every day that i can be a dynamic individual, regardless of how old i am or will be]


grandmama - this woman is going to be 87 this year and she is lookin fabulous and still active.


my mama - the best mama in the world :)


my aunt betsy and mama - they remind me a lot of my sister and me... we're goofballs, we make each other angry, and we love each other unconditionally.

happy friday ya'll :) if you're looking for something to give YOUR mama for mother's day - check out the sweet mini sessions coming up!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a pretty fantastic birthday! Oh to be 23 again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great way to spend a birthday. Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun birthday!!! And now *I* feel old. :)

    ReplyDelete